Love the product, love the marketing, it's very accurate. I'm satisfied in every way.
If someone who works at Govee is reading this, I'd like to suggest 1 thing that I think many people would love. On your app, it would be great if you had a simple pattern where the lights could alternate solid colours, for example:
Left: red Right: yellow for 3 seconds
Then Left changes yellow, and Right changes red for 3 seconds
I think this would be really easy to program and look great
Super fast delivery, and a great product. I received my lights almost 3 weeks ago, but was unable to install them due to a bad back. I bought them due to their height and Govee's reputation with mood lighting. Very happy with my purchase.
Good product very easy to install. The RBG have a good density. The possibility of color fine tunning is endless. Good app too. I recommend it with dream view pc. I dont understand other review they seem to watch the light in front instead of on the wall, people are weird.... No noise or hum sound.
First time Govee buyer and these lights are pretty cool. Static RGB lighting is good. Doesn't diffuse a whole lot compared to the Philip Hues but still pretty decent. Few additional changes needed but quite close to being the perfect lights. Shipping was quick and the packaging was well presented.
- the controller console has a small electric (?) whine to it when it's turned on.
- wish there wasn't a logo on the front of the lights and the controller knob. while I understand it's advertising, I feel it just lowers the aesthetic value for the end user. Would suggest that those be placed on the back of the controller, and embossed into the lower section of the lights.
- turning down brightness changes the hue of the colour, not just the brightness.
- product images show one or two cables from the console, one for power and one that splits to the lights. Would suggest to see it's possible to have all that in one single cable that's a bit longer before the split, just to make it cleaner on the table.
- the single colour transition is good, but when the bar has multiple colours the split between colours is pretty drastic, while I won't be really using that function I can see that as a potential issue with some users.
- cables are relatively stiff and tend to not bend well.
All in all would still recommend. I'll have to see if the console whine gives me any headaches in the next few days though...
**Edit: Lowered to 3 stars. Whining does indeed give me a headache. Reached out to Govee and support says that they'll be sending out a replacement unit. More to come...
Govee RGBIC Wi-Fi Gaming Light Bars with Smart Controller